Great Tips for Happy Eyes!
The most common conditions affecting the eyelids are: Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, Blepharitis, Allergic Dermatitis, Dermatological conditions, and conditions associated with contact lens use.
The eyelids and their structures work like your windshield wipers, they focus on maintaining a clear vision. There are rows of glands inside the eyelids that produce a protective layer of oil (like the windshield wiper fluid in your vehicle). Every time you blink, the muscles squeeze the Meibomian gland to pump the protective oil out, then your eyelids spread the oil over the whole front of your eye. This protective oil prevents the tears from evaporating too fast, which is the primary cause of dry eye symptoms.
Some other eyelid conditions can cause disruption to the oil (the oil becomes hard, blocking the outflow) or the glandular structure (atrophy- degeneration of the glands or the glands become ineffective).
Tips for Healthy Eyelids:
Perform the UNclog Mask happy eyelid routine daily.
Below is a healthy eyelid hygiene regimes:
1. Clean your lids and lashes. Removal of the excessive oil produced by your eyelashes reduces the possibility of bacterial growth. (See how to choose a good cleansing product below.)
2. Use the UNclog Heated Eye Mask once or twice a day for at least 20 minutes each time to promote a healthy outflow of the protective oil. Do some hard blinking 6-10 times to help pump the melted oil out afterwards. You can do this blinking several times a day, even without the heated mask.
3. Keep your body hydrated, your eyes need water to stay moistened and to maintain clear vision. An adequate daily fluid intake is between 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) to 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of fluids a day.
4. Do your blinking routine regularly.
How to choose a good cleanser for your eyelids and lashes?
There are many products available to clean your lids and lashes, here are some things to consider when choosing a good cleanser for your eyelids and lashes:
The product needs to be:
- Effective in the removal of eyelid crusts.
- Pleasant and easy to use.
- Free of preservatives, parabens, and perfumes.